B.A., Trinity College, Dublin
M.St., University of Oxford
D.Phil., University of Oxford
- Medieval Ireland, from St Patrick to the Flight of the Earls
- England and the Celtic Peoples 1150–1220
- An Introduction to the Middle Ages
- Bede and his World
- The Crusades
- History of the Benedictine Tradition
- History of the British Isles c.370–1086
- The Vikings
- The History of Western Civilization I: to 1500
- The History of Western Civilization II: since 1500
- Beginners and Intermediate Latin
- Beginners and Intermediate Modern Irish
- Irish Ethnogenesis (graduate seminar)
‘Prímchenéla and fochenéla in the Irish Sex Aetates Mundi’, under review with the editors of Ériu.
‘Dál Riata c.1000: genealogies and politics’, Scottish Historical Review 95:2 (forthcoming, October 2016).
‘The pseudo‐historical origins of the Senchas Már and royal legislation in early Ireland’, Peritia: Journal of the Medieval Academy of Ireland 27 (forthcoming, 2016).
‘The Frankish table of nations in Insular historiography’, Cambrian Medieval Celtic Studies 71 (forthcoming, winter 2016).
‘Cath Ruis na Ríg for Bóinn: history and literature in twelfth‐century Ireland’, Aiste 4 (2014), 11–44.
‘Do feartaib Cairnich, Ireland and Scotland in the twelfth century’, Proceedings of the Harvard Celtic Colloquium 33 (2014), 189–213.
‘Trácht Romra and the Northumbrian episode in Betha Adamnáin’, Ériu 62 (2012), 101–11.